A yummy recipe to share. So good, great for gift-giving or just to eat! Stolen from Daydreamer Desserts. Her pics are awesome! I confess that these were the last few pieces remaining from a few batches this year.
Whiskey – Pecan Toffee
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole pecans, roasted
- ¼ cup whisky (I use Jack Daniels)
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Place whole pecans in a single layer over baking sheet to cover an area of approx. 8 x 10 inches. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and whisky in a heavy saucepan. Cook over high heat stirring constantly until candy reaches 300-310 degrees F (hard crack stage) this step generally takes about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly pour over the pecans. Allow toffee to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave oven in intervals of 30 seconds at 50% power and stirring inbetween until chocolate is soft enough to spread. Spread melted chocolate over cooled toffee and sprinkle ½ cup chopped pecans. Allow chocolate to cool completely before breaking toffee into bite-size pieces. Toffee can be chilled in the refrigerator to help speed up the process.